Patriot Grave Locations
Location of Patriot Graves that have in most cases been visited by members of the Big Sandy Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution.
1) Micajah Frasher. Located just east of the town of Fort Gay, W VA. Turn off WV Route 52 across from the WV 37 entrance to Fort Gay. Turn Right on C R 37/1 (Old CR 29) and drive .3 mile to Entrance on left. Turn Left up the hill and go to the end of this road. The cemetery will be on the left in front of the last house. From the KY side take Hwy 3 to WV 37 cross WV 52 to CR 37/1 and then .3 mile to cemetery entrance. Proven patriot by the NSSAR.
2) David Morgan. Located @ Davidson Memorial Cemetery which is about 2 miles East of Red Light on US 23 @ Allen, Ky. Enter Cemetery at South Entrance. Grave is located on top of the point on the right under evergreen trees.
3) George Pack and William Browng are buried in Lawrence County, KY in the Pack Cemetery. At the Intersection of US 23 & the Right Fork of George’s Creek (Hwy 1760) South of Louisa, KY. Drive 3.9 miles to Cemetery located on right in the woods behind a house. Proven patriots by the NSDAR.
4) Jacob Hess. Buried in the Isaac Smith Cemetery located in Pike County on the Meathouse Fork of Upper John’s Creek Road (KY 194). From the Intersection of US-119 and KY 194 North of Pikeville, KY. Drive 5.7 miles East on Ky 194, Turn left on Meathouse Road and drive 2.0 miles. Cemetery is located on the middle point lying between two small drains that have ponds. Proven patriot by the NSDAR.
5) Joseph Davis, Jr. is buried in Lawrence County, KY. In the Borders Chapel Cemetery. At the Intersection of US 23 & Hwy 645 at Ulysses, KY, drive 1.6 miles to Hwy 581 and take Hwy 581 south 2.6 miles to cemetery located on left adjacent to the river. Proven patriot by the NSDAR.
6) John May is buried in the May Cemetery located in Pike County, KY. Drive 3.8 miles on US 23/119 then take Ramp on right to US-460/KY-80 and drive 1.4 miles and turn right at red-light onto Collins Highway 2.2 miles to Cemetery Entrance on right. Cemetery access is by foot or four-wheeled vehicle. Proven patriot the NSDAR and NSSAR.
7) John Runyon is buried In the Old Pond Cemetery located in Pike County, KY. Proven patriot by the NSDAR.
8) Robert Lesley is buried on the original Leslie Settlement property located on Lower John’s Creek (KY-194) near Gulnare, KY and in Pike County, KY. The burial site is located adjacent to the Mountain Pub-Links Golf Course’s maintenance building. Proven patriot by the NSSAR.
9) William Robert Leslie, father of Robert Lesley, is buried on the original Leslie Settlement property located on Lower John’s Creek (KY-194) near Gulnare, KY and in Pike County, KY. The burial site is on a flat bench in the timber adjacent to Mountain Pub-Links Golf Course approximately 1,000 feet downstream of the burial site of his son Robert Lesley. Proven patriot by the NSDAR.
10) Moses Preston is buried in Lawrence County, KY. In the Moses Preston Cemetery. At the Intersection of US 23 & Hwy 645 at Ulysses, KY drives 1.6 miles to Hwy 581 and take Hwy 581 north 2.5 miles to the cemetery located on right next to the river. Proven patriot by the NSSAR.
11) James Elliot Stewart is buried in Lawrence County, KY. In the Buchanan Chapel Cemetery located off US 23 north of Louisa, KY. Drive 7.1 miles on US 23 north of the US 23 & Hwy 3 Intersection north of Louisa, KY. Turn right on Zelda Loop Road (Old US 23) and drive 0.5 miles and turn left on Buchanan Chapel Road. Proven patriot by the NSDAR.
12) Bennett Wellman is buried in Lawrence County, KY. In the Wellman Cemetery, also known as the Elouise Church Cemetery, located off Preece St in the Elouise Addition of Louisa, KY. From the Intersection of US 23 & Hwy 2565, south of Louisa, KY. Drive 1.8 miles and turn right on Hwy 644 and drive 0.4 miles to Meadowbrook Lane n left and drive .4 miles turn left on Preece Street and drive 0.5 miles to Eloise Church Road.GPS: N 37.10275° W 082.59845°. Turn left Cemetery is located on left about 300 feet ahead. Proven patriot by the NSDAR.
13) Silas Phenix Wooten is buried in Lawrence County, KY in the Wooten/Chapman Cemetery at Cynthia Chapel. From the Intersection of US 23 and Hwy 2565 south of Louisa, KY drive 0.6 miles to Cynthia Chapel Road and turn right and drive 0.4 miles. Cemetery is located on the left approximately 1,000 feet on top of a point. Proven patriot by the NSDAR.
14) Richard Thompson is buried in Lawrence County, KY in the Yatesville Memorial Gardens. From the Intersection of US 23 & Hwy 32 west of Louisa, KY drive 2.8 miles west on Hwy 32 to cemetery located on the left.
15) Abraham Childers is buried in Knott County. The burial site is at Redfox, KY. adjacent to Hwy 15.
16) Alden Williamson is buried on the Bill Little Farm, formerly the Sam Endicott farm, in Lawrence County, Kentucky near the Tug Fork of the Big Sandy River. However, the exact location of his grave is yet to be identified.
17) John Amburgey
18) Leonard Pigman
19) William Cornett
20) Nathan Preston
21) Richard Wells is buried on the Ashley Butcher Farm overlooking Dog Fork of Daniel's Creek in Johnson County, Kentucky Adjacent to Kentucky Route 3.
22) Simon Auxier is buried at the Hopson Cemetery, Ridgeview Road, Auxier, Floyd County, Kentucky.
23) Samuel Auxier is buried in Blockhouse Bottom, Johnson County, Kentucky. near where John's Creek empties into the Levisa Fork of the Big Sandy River.
24) Moses Stepp is buried in Martin County, Kentucky. Proven patriot by the NSSAR,
25) Stephen Caudill is buried in the Watty Caudill Cemetery, Letcher County, Kentucky.
- Next >>